Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro - Silver
- Processor: Apple M1, 3.20 GHz base, Octa-core (8 Core)
- Memory: 8 GB Unified
- Storage: 256 GB SSD
- Display: 13.3" WQXGA 2560 x 1600 LCD Retina Display
- Connectivity: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax and Bluetooth 5.0
- Camera: Front
- 1 x 3.5mm Combo Jack
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 12" x 8.4" x 0.61"
- Weight: 3 lb
The final announcement of today's event was the new ARM-based 13" MacBook Pro, which combines Apple's most powerful laptop with its most powerful chip. The result is an absolute performance monster that somehow manages to outpace its predecessor in nearly every category-a feat that is kind of insane when you consider the previous generation of MacBook Pro is one of the most powerful and sophisticated laptops in the world.
What kind enhancements are we talking about? Well, according to Apple, the new MacBook Pro features graphics performance that is up to 5x faster. Its machine learning performance is up to 11x faster. And, thanks to its vastly superior active cooling system, the new MacBook Pro can achieve higher performance speeds across the board, including faster times transcoding video, editing hi-res images, compiling code, and much more. Here's a snapshot of some of the things you can do more quickly with the new MacBook Pro:
- Play back 8K ProRes video in DaVinci Resolve without dropping a single frame.
- Render complex 3D titles in Final Cut Pro up to 5.9x faster.
- Compile code in programs like Xcode up to 2.8x faster.
- Design and edit games scenes in programs like Unity Editor up to 3.5x faster.
Like the new MacBook Air, the M1-powered MacBook Pro also boasts a big jump in battery life. According to Apple, you can get up to 17 hours of web browsing or 20 hours of video playback. If that sounds like a lot of battery, that's because it is. In fact, if those numbers hold, that's the longest battery life ever offered on a Mac device.
Right now, the ARM-based MacBook Pro is only available with a 13" display, but there are multiple storage and memory configurations you can choose from. You can customize and orders yours, along with the new MacBook Air and Mac mini at B&H.